- Ensure a safe working area by mopping up any water from the floor immediately.
- Be aware of your hands becoming sensitive to prolonged exposure to soap/detergents and choose products with care.
- Felting is a physical activity - be careful when rolling the felt to avoid strains to your back and wrists from repetitive movements and take regular breaks.
- The needles are very sharp, take additional care to keep your fingers clear from the points.
- Store hand felting needles with the barbs covered (eg with a small piece of foam) to avoid cutting your hands.
- Use the guard on the machine and ensure it is adjusted correctly each time.
- Stop the machine as soon as you feel any unusual resistance and clear out the lint regularly.
- As with any machining, watch your posture and take regular stretch breaks.