Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Making

It is always good to have some knitting on the go in the winter, so far I have made this shawl from some odd balls from my stash using this pattern

and one sock.
Socks are a great project to have on hand, portable and quickly finished. Once you have mastered a basic pattern, you can adapt it endlessly.  I have uploaded my favourite version to my new Patterns and Tutorials page so everyone can enoy it.

Work continues on my next engine piece - a companion to Engine 21 - but not much to see at the moment. Here are a couple of pictures showing progress on the background stitching.

 While the machine is running, I have time to ponder what the next piece of work will be.  My next exhibition is in October at Sidcot School with Gordano Textile Artists and the theme is Echoes.


Heather said...

I could just wrap myself in that lovely shawl and settle down to be lazy with a good book! You might be glad of it before long according to the forecast. I wish I could wear socks but they are always too tight for my horrible legs.
Good luck with Engine 2 - I'm sure it will be a fitting companion to the first one and I look forward to seeing it when completed.

Mary said...

The shawl looks so warm and cuddly, love it!

Max the Lobster said...

I agree your shawl looks cosy. Could do with some of those socks too. Knitting is definately very relaxing. Looking forward to seeing more of the engines series.

Catherine said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while Jane and was just blown away by the incredible engine pictures. I love the idea of drawing with stitch on a stitched background. Your knitting looks lovely and I'm sure it is relaxing too. I love knitting socks too and always have a pair on my needles.