I can't believe it is over a week since the Summer School at Urchfont, I have been hard at it since I came back sorting out all my bits. I have been very good this time and spent an afternoon at home making up my sketchbook with notes and samples. Ruth Issett was an excellent tutor and worked us very hard, and it was wonderful to meet up with old friends and some I only knew online. As an icebreaker, we had a mystery ATC swop - here's the one I made from a photo of the London Eye with a little floral graffiti added.
We had a group discussion about the etiquette of photographing other people's work and how much it is fair to write about workshops on our blogs, so the pictures only show my own samples of printed fabrics. To see more, try following the links on the right as some of my fellow students have published their own pictures.
From these bits and pieces, I made up this design
I have also (definitely this time) finished the hanging after taking some advice from Sian, and sorted out a way to hang it so that it is freestanding and the pole doesn't show - looks a bit like an Indian rope trick. Plan A was to take some pics in the garden to show you, 'cos it's a bit big in the house, but after weeks of fine weather the wind and the rain have set in, so we will have to wait. It may take some time...