Friday, March 14, 2008

More on Chapter 11

I found myself on the computer this afternoon with an odd half hour free so I had a little play with yesterday's photos on Paint Shop Pro. I had just been reading the article in the March edition of Workshop on the Web about making picture tubes so of course I had to try it out.



Here are two ideas using the same photo as a tube. The tube is created using file-export-picture tube and I used 9 cells so the picture is divided into 9 pieces. Using the picture tube tool and a random setting means that each time you click it produces one of these pieces (Hazel Credland's article explains this much more clearly). In the first one, I used two copies of the whole figure and then filled in with the tubes. For the second, just the tubes.



This final picture was a mistake - I was trying to use the panoramic option in Photo Album to produce a long picture of all the variations of this pin man by joining the photos in a row (it is meant for creating panoramic landscape shots from lots of overlapping photos). I forgot that as the photos are almost identical, it carefully matches them up so they end up on top of one another instead of side by side. But I quite like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.